Online Depression Counselling in Ontario and In-Office Depression Counselling in Cambridge.
Depression is one of the most common mental health disorders in the world and an increasing number of people are diagnosed with it on a daily basis. Treating depression can be just as challenging as diagnosing it, given there are so many factors that can trigger it. Whether it’s interpersonal relationships, your relationship with yourself, a traumatic event, or an illness, it’s important to get to the root of your depression so that you can begin working towards overcoming it and improving your situation. Depression therapy offers a great deal of useful coping strategies and tools to help you reach your goals in a safe and welcoming environment.
The first step to addressing the negative feelings that are often associated with depression is to understand and come to terms with why you feel the way you do. Identifying potential causes of your depression is vital to beginning the healing process, and we can help you get there through our therapeutic work together.
Most Common Symptoms of Depression
Some of the most common symptoms of depression include:
- Lack of an appetite or overeating
- Drastic weight gain or weight loss
- Feeling lethargic and apathetic all the time
- Constant exhaustion for no apparent reason
- Irritability and restlessness
- Closing yourself off from other people, including loved ones
- Sudden refusal to participate in social events
- Lack of motivation
- Loss of interest in the things you use to enjoy
- Abnormal physical symptoms such as headaches, chronic pain, or digestive issues
- Suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts
- Having a hard time making decisions
- Difficulty maintaining concentration
- Difficulty remembering things
- Insomnia or over-sleeping, no desire to get out of bed
- Feelings of guilt or thoughts of worthlessness
- Negative thoughts about yourself and persistent feelings of hopelessness
- The urge to self-harm
All of these symptoms of depression are difficult to deal with on your own and there’s no reason that you should have to. If you can relate to any of the above symptoms, then it’s time for you to make the commitment to improving your mental health.
What Does Depression Counselling Do?
At Growth Counselling Services, we can help guide you through various forms of therapy relating to your depression that are designed to help you find ways of coping with whatever it is you’re feeling at any given moment in your life. First, we’ll work together to uncover potential root causes of your depression. Then, we’ll work together to find the right treatment method that works for you for the long-term.
Types of Therapy for Depression
There are a number of types of therapy that are aimed at treating depression. Whether you’re currently taking antidepressants or prefer not to be medicated, you have a lot of potentially effective options including:
How Growth Counselling Services Can Help.
Growth Counselling Services counsellors are licensed and registered by the appropriate College/regulatory body(s) that ensures you, as the client, are provided with a safe, ethical, and qualified counselling experience. Additionally, assisting you in coming to terms with your experienced difficulties and learning how to express them in a healthy manner that helps you lead a full and values directed life is the goal.
Contact us directly at Growth Counselling Services if you’re interested in learning more about mindful and values-driven living.